For inquires regarding the Wolfe Island United Church cemeteries, please contact Chair of the Cemetery Board Jason Pyke
Point Alexandria Cemetery
Registered to Wolfe Island United Church Cemetery Board. The cemetery is locally known as Horne Cemetery, but officially Point Alexandria Cemetery. The old part of the cemetery is inactive, the new part is still active. For information on local Methodist and pres churches that have been associated with this cemetery see The Islands, churches page.
Earliest burial record is that of Aribella Bush who died June 13 1843. Located on land set aside by Mr. Spinning. Across the road, on the edge of his property he also permitted the building of a school in which Presbyterian Church services were also held until a church was build later, closer to the village. The land was later bought by the Horne family. This is the old part of the cemetery. At a later date Mr. Bruce Horne gave the land to the United Church. This is the new part of the cemetery.
St. Lawrence Cemetery
The Cemetery is located on the 17th line road. Lot 9 Concession 18. On Wolfe Island. The land was donated for the church and cemetery by the William Wells Bamford family. It is a few hundred feet from the St Lawrence River on the South side of the Island not far from the foot of the Island, sometimes has been referred to as the foot cemetery. The old church sit in front of the cemetery and was dedicated on March 15,1874 was constructed of wood. It burnt to the ground on July 30,1957. It was never rebuilt. The cemetery is believed to be older then the church. There are 88 gravestones still present with 138 burials listed on the stones. The cemetery is about 150 feet wide by 125 feet deep. Some of the early settlers are buried here. The earliest burial recorded is of Jonathan Joslin who died Sept. 23, 1846.